If you or anyone in your family has asthma or different kinds of allergies, you should consider getting your home’s ducts cleaned. However, if you do not have any particular health concern, cleaning your cooling and heating ducts may go as an unnoticed need. It is important to know that if your ducts are clean, the air flowing out of the vents would come out as clean, keeping your home indoor air quality high and healthy. In this article, we will highlight why duct cleaning is important to keep you and your family breathing fresh and clean air and prevent many kinds of respiratory and other related ailments.
When Duct Cleaning Is A Must
You must do duct-cleaning if:
- There is visible mold in air ducts, growth in the hard surfaces (for instance, sheet metal), or on other parts of the heating and cooling system. There are numerous important points to know about mold detection in your heating and cooling system.
- The ducts have had an infestation of vermin, such as insects or rodents
- The ducts are blocked with a high amount of dust and debris
If any of the above-mentioned conditions exist, it is suggested to go for duct cleaning to avoid having a flow of dirty air within the home.
AC Duct Cleaning Is Optional, But Worth It
There are many reasons that we believe that duct cleaning is a valuable service to Raleigh, Rolesville, and Wake Forest homeowners, but the following three are the best reasons.
- Creates a cleaner and fresher living environment. Besides dust, air ducts usually contain harmful micro-organisms and contaminants like pet dander, pollen, bacteria, mildew, and mold spores. People having respiratory problems are most sensitive to such airborne particles, and frequent air duct cleaning enables healthier living.
- Enhances Operational Efficiency and Cost Saving. Aside from maintaining healthy air quality and keeping you and your family members safe, frequent duct cleaning also helps improve the efficiency of the cooling and heating system and its components including heat exchangers, cooling coils, and fans. The cleaner the ducts are, the less effort your cooling or heating system would have to exert to perform its function. It not only extends its operating life but also leads to significant energy cost savings.
- Reduces Home Maintenance Cost. Having your cooling and heating system ducts professionally cleaned decreases the amount of dust dispersed throughout your living space, thereby minimizing the amount of cleaning and dusting required to maintain a clean and hygienic home.
- Protects Equipment. Frequent duct cleaning and maintenance keep the dust and debris away from your HVAC system and its components, which in turn, helps prevent expensive repairs and extend the life of the system.
Consider the Benefits of A Fresh Air Duct Cleaning Today
We strongly recommend frequent cleaning if your home has kids and pets or if you or any of your family members are sensitive to the indoor air quality. In addition, if you have recently moved to a new house or got your home renovated, you must get your ducts cleaned since such situations increase the quantity of dust in the forced air system.
Duct cleaning is not only important for your health but also keeps your property in a good condition, helping maintain its resale value for the years to come.