HEATING AND HEAT PUMPS
Keeping you cozy
Fall Heat check 37 point heat check
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly—clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls—clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system—check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace air filters provided by customer
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)—check for leaks
- WHILE YOUR SYSTEM IS OPERATING
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure—make adjustments as needed
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary
Heat Pump 30 point heat check
- Cycle thermostat to verify operation of equipment.
- Chemically clean evaporator coil.
- Check blower wheel, housing, motor and capacitor.
- Inspect ductwork, return and supply plenums.
- Inspect drain pan and drain line.
- Trip safety switches to verify interruption of cooling system.
- Visually inspect indoor wiring and electrical connections.
- Check indoor disconnect.
- Check temperature drop across coil and check static pressure of duct system.
- Verify operation of Heat strips.
- Inspect heat strip controls.
- Visually inspect heat strips and measure amp draw
- Clean condenser coil.
- Inspect wiring and electrical connections.
- Inspect contactor and check voltage across coil and contacts.
- Check microfarad readings of capacitors.
- Check amp draw on compressor and outdoor fan motor.
- Inspect equipment pad, condenser coils and outdoor disconnect.
- Cycle system and verify refrigerant charge, superheat and sub cooling against manufacturers specifications.
- System repair
- System maintenance
- System replacement
- System installation for new construction home build or remodeling